Convince Your Boss
DesignCon is a must-attend conference – now it's time to show your boss. Make the case using the resources in our Justification Toolkit.
This Toolkit Includes
- Tips for getting the green light
- Top five reasons to attend
- Conference tracks at-a-glance
- Conference cost worksheet
- Sample letter: conference
- Sample letter: expo
Tips for Getting the Green Light
When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the company budget for your trip and what's the return on their investment?
- Be Specific – Describe how attending will benefit your current projects, inspire new ideas, or address knowledge gaps on the team.
- Think Ahead – With the conference at the start of the year, explain how you’ll get an early edge on trends in the industry for 2019.
- Be Solutions-Based – What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who could provide the solutions the team needs.
- Provide a Post-Conference Rundown – Offer to deliver a short presentation or write-up on your key takeaways.
- Devise a Plan – Be thoughtful about time missed and who will cover for you while you’re at the conference.
- Cut Costs – Offer to share a room to reduce hotel expenses. If you're attending the conference, book early to take advantage of early bird rates, or save with group discounts.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
While there are many compelling reasons to attend DesignCon, we've whittled it down to the top five to give you a brief, but powerful list. Present these to your supervisor or slip them into water cooler conversation. Either way, they're sure to help secure your spot.
- Comprehensive Education – For three days you'll choose from over 100 technical paper sessions, panels, and tutorials spanning 15 tracks. It would take thousands of hours to compile this much information!
- Hands-on Training – It's one thing to study from afar, but quite another to put your hands to work. Take advantage of practical, three dimensional training opportunities taught by experts.
- Exclusive Networking – With more than 5,000 attendees and 175 exhibitors on board, the potential for finding solutions and making lasting relationships is tremendous.
- Sourcing Suppliers – You'll get exclusive access to content such as videos of distinguished keynotes, session handouts, and more – excellent tools for your post-conference presentation.
- Industry Expertise – DesignCon is developed entirely by engineers for engineers thanks to the Technical Program Committee, an elite group of over 90 practicing engineers.
Conference Tracks At-A-Glance
With technical paper sessions, panels, and tutorials, you'll find numerous conference topics that address the specific needs of your department.
Here are the DesignCon 2019 session topics:
1. Signal & Power Integrity For Single-Multi Die, Interposer & Packaging
2. Chip I/O & Functional Block Modeling & Validation Solutions
3. Integrating Photonic & Wireless In Electrical Design
4. System Co-Design: Modeling, Simulation & Measurement Validation
5. Advances In Materials & Processing For PCBs, Modules, & Packages
6. Applying Chip-To-Chip & Advanced PCB Design & Simulation Techniques
7. Advanced Io Interface Design For Memory & 2.5D/3D/SIP Integrations
8. Optimizing High-Speed Serial Design
9. Measurement, Simulation, & Optimization Of Jitter, Noise, & Timing To Minimize Errors
10. High-Speed Signal Processing For Equalization And Coding
11. Power Integrity In Power Distribution Networks
12. Electromagnetic Compatibility/Mitigating Interference
13. Applying Test & Measurement Methodology
14. Modeling & Analysis Of Interconnects
15. Machine Learning For Microelectronics, Signaling & System Design