TEST & MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUES
TUESDAY, JANUARY 30, 9AM-4:30PM
Proper use of benchtop, modular, and field instruments such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, and logic analyzers is an essential skill for the hardware engineer. Learning the insider tips, tricks, and techniques is equally essential to get the job done quickly and precisely.
The Test & Measurement Boot Camp will provide information and training on measurement hardware and on techniques, with a comparison of measurement tools and techniques. Both frequency and time-based instrumentation with be discussed, along with testing use cases with lab based experiments that will provide concrete understanding for the concepts being presented.
Keysight is providing expert instructors for this intensive T&M boot camp, including O.J. Danzy, Senior RF and Microwave Application Engineer; Heidi Barnes, Senior Application Engineer and DesignCon 2017 Engineer of the Year; Mike Resso, Signal Integrity Application Scientist I; Steve Sekel, 400G Solutions Specialist, OIF PLL Interop WG Chair, Bob Schaefer, R&D Project Manager and Master Engineer for the Signal Integrity Group, Robert Sleigh, Strategic Planner; and Luis Boluna, Senior Application Engineer for High Speed Digital Systems. Get your pass.
This session will cover the following topics:
- Passive Channel Measurements (VNA and TDR)
- Understanding Measurement Hardware Functional Blocks, Settings, Measurement Techniques, Performance Differences, Error Correction, and Measurement Correlation
- Tx Characterization (Real-Time and Sampling Oscilloscopes)
- Understanding Measurement Hardware Functional Blocks, Measurement Techniques, Performance Differences, and Measurement Correlation
- Rx and Link Characterization (Bit Error Ratio Test)
- Compliance Measurement Examples
- Test points, test patterns, equalization, etc...Internet.